Wednesday, July 18, 2012

To the victor, the potatoes « Stack Exchange TeX Blog

To the victor, the potatoes « Stack Exchange TeX Blog: ". I was young and inexperienced – an unskilled programmer trying to learn the ways of the Force. The code – ah the code! – was a real mess. But hey, the application was up and running. And I was happy to make things work.

At some point, I got interested in opensource. It was way stronger than me. But how would I embrace the cause? I’m not a perfectionist, but I knew my code – at that moment – was bad, and I was afraid of being ridiculed because of it. Reluctantly, I took the first step and published my first code in the wild.

Get ready for the most random quote ever posted in our community blog. It’s from a Pokémon game: “You’re a rookie trainer, aren’t you? I can tell! That’s OK! Everyone is a rookie at some point!” Truer words were never spoken."

'via Blog this'

No comments: